Just like you take care of your skin, you also need similar attention for keeping your hair healthy and shiny. No doubt, if you follow a basic hair care routine, it means you are working on ensuring healthy hair for long.
But, many women use hair products without knowing enough about them. Have you ever thought about hair care products before buying them? Are you sure that your hair care products do not contain harsh chemicals? When it is about getting a hair product for enhancing the growth and thickness of your hair, many women make mistakes and buy products that are not good for their hair in the long run.
These days, most of us are living a busy life and unhealthy lifestyle, as a result of which, we are dealing with hair fall and thinning. Moreover, the use of chemical products is one of the major reasons for deteriorating hair quality, thus it leads to various hair issues.
Fortunately, you have various home remedies for hair growth and thickness that are extremely easy to use and give amazing results.
You have so many ingredients available in your kitchen that can help a lot in enhancing the growth and thickness of your hair. They also work effectively in fighting various hair problems, such as hair fall, dandruff as well as scalp infections.
Let’s move further and learn about numerous home remedies for hair thickness and growth. They will definitely help you in reducing the damage to your hair as well as will also work great in lessening hair fall.
1. Amla(Indian gooseberry) – A natural immunity booster
When we talk about amla, it poses various benefits to our health. Amla is considered one of the most-effective natural immunity boosters. It has also gained great popularity in the world of hair care as it is the most sought-after natural ingredient that works great in keeping our hair healthy.
This, one of the effective home remedies for hair growth and thickness, contains plenty of essential fatty acids that are quite effective in strengthening hair follicles. It also contains loads of Vitamin C that helps in preventing premature greying. In addition to this, it also has a high amount of iron and powerful antioxidants that work great in improving blood circulation around the scalp. This, in turn, works in stimulating hair growth. Now, what is left? It is also quite helpful in fighting dandruff.
How to use Amla?
- Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of amla powder and 2 teaspoons of shikakai (Acacia concinna) powder. Mix both ingredients well.
- Now, add a little water so that you can make a smooth paste. But, do not make it watery.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair from roots to tip.
- After this, keep it for about 45-60 minutes.
- Then, shampoo your hair with normal water.
- Make sure to apply this mixture once a week.
- Take a small bowl and add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to it.
- Heat coconut oil till it turns brown.
- Add one teaspoon of amla powder to the hot coconut oil and mix it well in the oil.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture for about 10-15 minutes and keep it for about 30-45 minutes.
- After this, shampoo your hair and make sure to use a mild shampoo.
- Make sure to use this hair care routine two times a week.
2. Jojoba Oil – A soothing agent
If you are looking for the best home remedies for hair growth and thickness, you will find jojoba oil as one of the best soothing agents for your hair. This oil works effectively in treating your dry hair. Being highly rich in anti-fungal properties, jojoba oil is quite effective in keeping the scalp in good health. It is also helpful in making you get rid of the dead skin on the scalp. If you are suffering from dandruff, then jojoba oil not only helps you in getting rid of dandruff but also removes dirt from your scalp and leaves a clean scalp.
Jojoba oil contains Vitamin E, Omega 6 & 9 fatty acids as well as a saturated fatty acid that helps a lot in fighting against unsafe free radicals that cause damage to your hair. To treat your itchy scalp, massaging it with jojoba oil can be one of the effective home remedies for hair thickness and growth. In addition to this, jojoba oil also works amazingly in blood circulation.
How to use jojoba oil?
- Take an egg yolk, one teaspoon of jojoba oil, one teaspoon of honey, and 3-4 drops of lemon juice. Blend all ingredients well.
- Now, apply this mixture on your scalp and hair from top to bottom.
- Let it sit for about 45-60 minutes.
- After this, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Coconut Oil – Great for various hair problems
Coconut oil has been used to keep our hair healthy and lustrous through generations. It is one of the most effective magical home remedies for hair growth and thickness and solves various hair problems. Coconut gives various reasons that encourage people to use it throughout the ages.
Coconut has rich antimicrobials and anti-fungal properties and this works great in preventing free radicals from damaging the growth of your hair. The regular use of coconut oil ensures to give you healthy, dark, and shiny hair.
How to use coconut oil?
- Take 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and heat it.
- Now, add the juice of half lemon and one teaspoon of honey. Mix everything well.
- After this, apply this mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Let the mixture sit for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with sulphate-free shampoo.
- This coconut oil home remedy helps in getting rid of dandruff.
- Take coconut oil and one banana. Blend them.
- Now, add a little coconut milk and mix it well with the blended mixture.
- Apply this paste on your hair and scalp.
- Let this paste rest on your hair and scalp for 45-60 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- This coconut oil home remedy is great for treating hair fall.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and one whisked egg into coconut oil.
- Massage your hair and scalp with this mixture.
- Let it rest for a couple of hours before shampooing your hair.
- This coconut oil home remedy is best for damaged hair.
4. Castor Oil – A great option for hair loss
Castor oil has been using as the best treatment for damaged scalp and hair loss for centuries. Being rich in proteins, minerals, and Vitamin E, castor oil is quite effective as one of the best home remedies for hair thickness and growth. It contains omega 6 essential fatty acids that help in improving blood circulation to the scalp. This in turn improves your hair growth. If you have split ends, you must use castor oil for the best results.
How to use castor oil?
- Take 6 tablespoons of coconut oil, 6 tablespoons of castor oil, and one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Now, heat these all ingredients till the mixture turns little brown and start making foam.
- Let it cool and massage your hair and scalp with it.
- Let it rest for about 45-60 minutes and shampoo your hair.
- It will be great to use this home remedy twice a week.
- Mix 5 teaspoons of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Now, massage this oil mixture on your hair and scalp for about 10-15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair after a while.
- This home remedy gives the best results to treat dull hair.
5. Aloe Vera – A great remedy for greasy hair
For those who are struggling with greasy hair, aloe Vera works as a savior for them. Aloe Vera does not only give myriad benefits to your skin but is also one of the effective home remedies for hair thickness and growth. The strong contents present in aloe Vera such as fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals are quite effective in treating various hair problems.
How to use aloe Vera?
- Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water overnight.
- Blend these soaked seeds to make a paste.
- Now, take 3 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel and mix it in the paste.
- Apply this mixture as a hair mask on your scalp and hair.
- Let it rest for about 45-50 minutes.
- Shampoo it off.
- This can be one of the good home remedies for hair growth and thickness.
- Take 5 drops of lemon juice, 2 drops of tea tree oil, and 3 teaspoons of aloe Vera gel. Mix them well.
- Use this mixture to massage your scalp and hair with the help of fingertips.
- After this, cover your hair with this mixture and allow it to rest for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and use conditioner as well.
- If you are suffering from a scalp infection, then this remedy will be quite helpful to you.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – Wonderful for getting stronger and bouncier hair
Another one of the best home remedies for hair thickness and growth is using apple cider vinegar to get stronger and bouncier hair. Apple cider vinegar contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B, and acetic acid. All these ingredients collectively work effectively in fighting harmful free radicals, improving blood circulation as well as in preventing hair from harmful chemicals, germs, and bacteria.
How to use Apple cider vinegar?
- Take a half cup of apple cider vinegar and some grated peel of a lemon. Combine both ingredients.
- Now, apply this mixture on the scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Then, shampoo it off.
- It is one of the great home remedies for absorbing excess oil from your scalp.
Along with using these home remedies for hair thickness and growth, it is also important to focus on a diet that promotes hair growth. Start taking berries, citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, and omega fatty acids that help in improving hair density by fighting hair loss.
Also, since there are so many home remedies for hair growth, no matter what remedy you are using, you must be patient and follow them regularly to get the best results.
Don’t hesitate to seek medical help if your hair problem persists.