The standard of beauty varies from person to person. Some people consider the natural beauty is the perfect look, whereas for the others; makeup does the trick to attaining the perfect look. All around the world various makeup company promise to satisfy its customer with their products but most of them are chemical based cosmetics. There are many harmful side effects of this chemical makeup. As it is known that makeup is generally used by women all over the globe on a regular basis, men also spend a large amount of time trying to groom themselves. Due to the use of these chemical products one of the major issues faced by both men and women are acne.
Acne is skin disorder which causes pimples and spots on the face, neck, back, in the upper arm. Acne mainly occurs when the dead skin cell obstructs the hair follicles. Majority of the time acne is caused when the androgens hormones are increased. During puberty, both the genders have to go through this issue as there is an enlargement of the sebaceous gland which produces more sebum. Pregnancy or stopping the birth control pills can also cause acne. Another cause of acne is stress. Some people get it from their parents as it is hereditary; there is a large number of face mask and creams available in the market that helps to cure the acnes.
Issues to be noted
Although acnes are nothing serious and can be treated easily, some get stressed over it as it hampers the beauty of a person. There is a variety of products available in the market that treats acnes some of the best results can be achieved through the home remedy. Some of the ingredients found in a household that can treat acne are as follow
* Baking soda : Sodium bicarbonate works great as an exfoliant and has an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent present in it that can help to maintain the pH balance of the skin. A paste can be made by mixing baking powder and water and applied twice a week or one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, baking powder, half a lemon and three teaspoons of honey can be mixed and applied. Wash it off after five minutes with cold water.
* Lemon juice : The juice of lemon is very useful when treating acne. It can clear the dirt that has stored in the pores and hardens the sebum. For oily skin, it is recommended to apply daily but for dry skin only twice a week it should be applied. The lemon should be applied in the affected area and leave it for few hours before washing off with cold water or an equal portion of lemon juice and rose water can be applied thoroughly.
* Oatmeal : It is known that oatmeal is used to make face mask as it can absorb the excess oil from the skin which helps to reduce the clogging of the pores. It also helps in exfoliating the skin. To make the mask one tablespoon of honey and half a lemon is to be added to the cooked oatmeal. Then the mixture is to be rubbed in the face and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off with water. This process is said to be done twice a week for better results.
* Toothpaste : It maybe not known but toothpaste is a great agent when it comes to treating acne. Applying toothpaste in the affected area can reduce the swelling of the acne easily. Toothpaste is said to be applied in the acne prone area and left overnight for a better result. In the morning, it is to be washed off.
* Apple cider vinegar : The lactic acid present in the apple cider vinegar can improve the appearance of the acne scar. The succinic acid which is present in the vinegar can help to suppress the inflammation. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and three tablespoons of water or more water for sensitive skin. Then with the help of a cotton ball apply the solution in the acne prone area and let it sit for 20 seconds and wash off with cold water. Repeat this process twice every day.
* Honey and cinnamon : Honey and cinnamon mixture is very effective when treating acne. Cinnamon has an antimicrobial property which helps in the growth of bacteria. And honey has the antibiotic properties that help in removing the dirt. Firstly, the face is to be washed thoroughly with water and pat dry. Then to make the mask three tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon is mixed until it becomes a paste like consistency. After that, apply the mixture on the face and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse off. This can be applied twice a week for better results.