Summers instantly remind us of sweaty skin and greasy hair. But these are the least of our worries. The harsh sun really dehydrates and takes a toll on our skin causing serious damage. So, it is really important to take extra care of your skin throughout the summer months. Follow these Simple Beauty Tips for summer to beat the heat and Stay Healthy and glamorous.
* Cleanse on repeat and exfoliate: Wash your face 2-4 times a day with a mild oil-free gel-based face wash. Scrub and exfoliate two times a week to keep tan and dead cells away. This will keep your Skin Looking Clean and fresh.
* Don’t skip on the moisturizer: We tend to forget about moisturizer while we are sweating through every pore of our skin. But that’s all the more reason to keep your skin hydrated. Find a light water-based hydrating lotion to fit into your Daily Skin Care Routine.
* Drink plenty of water: Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day to Stay Healthy and hydrated. This will also flush out all the toxins from your body and give your skin that Summer Glow. You can have plenty of fresh fruits, fruit juices and coconut water to give a natural boost to hydration levels.
* Sunscreen is your best friend: This is the most Basic Summer Beauty Tip. The sun is your skin’s worst enemy so stock up on good sunscreen to shield yourself from its harmful rays. Sun block ranges from SPF 15 to SPF 70 depending on how long your skin is exposed. Double check the packaging of the product to make sure it protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply liberally all over your face, neck, hands and any other exposed part of your body. Reapply every 2 hours for best results.
* Go low on makeup: Makeup blocks your pores and prevents it from breathing. So, keep your makeup light and natural for the summer months. Protect your lips with a lip balm that has SPF 15 or higher.
* Scrub your feet: Summer is the season for flip flops and sandals, so make sure you are prepared to flaunt soft, smooth feet. Scrub and exfoliate your feet with a foot scrub and a foot file or pumice stone.
* Make natural face packs at home: Use simple kitchen ingredients like almond, honey, lemon, mint, turmeric etc. to de-tan, deep cleanse and add a healthy natural glow to your skin.