If you know that your eye shape is different from your friend’s eyes, so there is no meaning of applying eyeliner in the same way what your friend is following. There are different ways to apply eyeliner for different eye shapes.
You can get those cat eyes like your friend’s eyes, but you need to go somewhat different in the way when applying eyeliner. Luckily for you, we have compiled some tips of applying eyeliner for different eye shapes so that you get to know that what looks great on your eye shape as well as how to get that look.
So, keep scrolling for the eyeliner tips for big eyes, small eyes, almond eyes, hooded eyes, monolid eyes, downturned eyes, and upturned eyes.
Tips For Applying Eyeliner
When you look in the mirror and find that your irises, from top and bottom, are covered by your upper and lower eyelids, it indicates you have almond eyes. Being symmetrical, any eyeliner look suits almond eyes.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Almond eyes:
- Start applying a thin layer from the inner corner of your eye towards the outer corner.
- Make it thick from the outer third of the eye.
- If you want to make a wing, draw a line from the outer corner and join the thickness line with it.
- Join these two sections giving the proper shape.
Hooded eyes have usually less eyelid space, it means when you open your eyes, your upper eyelid covers the crease making a fold in the skin. If you have hooded eyes, you can follow this technique to apply eyeliner on your eyes.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Hooded eyes:
- Lift your eyelid to expose your waterline and start applying eyeliner towards the outer corner.
- Make sure to apply eyeliner as close your lashes as you can.
- Make it little thick, because thin liner may get easily lost due to less eyelid space and too thicker will make your eyes look small.
- To have a wing look, make sure to make it thicker at the outer corner. It helps in giving a flick shape when your eyes are open.
If your eyes have an outer corner lower than the inner corner, it means you have downturned eyes. Still confused? Simply imagine a horizontal line and see if your outer corner comes below this line.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Downturned eyes:
- Start applying bright pencil eyeliner and draw a thin line from the outer corner of your eyes towards the inner.
- It helps in creating a little lift at the outer corners.
- You can keep the tail short as it still it makes your look visible even when you smile.
- Don’t apply liner on the lower lashes if you want to keep your eyes looking somewhat straight than downturned.
The upturned eyes are the opposite of a downturned. Here, the outer corner of your eyes is little upward from the inner corner. Such eyes look slightly tilted.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Upturned eyes:
- You need to line both upper and lower lashes in order to improve the symmetry and shape of your eyes.
- Apply a thicker line at the outer corner and diffuse is slightly using a smudger.
- Never try to minimize the shape of your upturned eyes.
- You can add some color to compliment your eyes.
- For a little wing, make a thin line and connect it with a little liner under the eyes.
When you look straight ahead and if the white section of your eyes is visible along the bottom of irises, it means you have round eyes. Another indicator, the people with round eyes can see their creases clearly.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Round eyes:
- Start applying a thin liner from the outer two-thirds of the eyelid.
- To keep your round eyes looking too circular, you must create a wing.
- Draw a line from the outer corner and extend it to up and join it with the existing line.
- Similarly, draw a thin line on the outer two-thirds of the lower lash.
- Join it with a wing.
If your eyes are flat and have no crease along with less defining brow bones, it indicates that you have monolid eyes. They have tiny little eyelids.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Monolid eyes:
- To create more definition to the sockets of the eyes, you must give a winged look to monolid eyes.
- Start by creating rough-winged eyeliner and draw a line on the lower lash from the outer corner to the two-thirds of the lash.
- Now, smudge both upper and lower lines using a brush or a finger.
- Take liquid eyeliner and draw a line on the upper lash.
- Extend this line out for a cat-eye look.
If you notice that your eyes are smaller as compared to the other features on your face, yes you are thinking right, you come in the category of people with small eyes. Such eyes have less space between the tips of the lashes and brow bone.
Tips to apply eyeliner on Small eyes:
- The tips of applying eyeliner on small eyes are similar than other eye shapes, like draw a line from the inner corner of the eyes to the outer corner along the lashes.
- For winged look, make this line little thicker on the outer two-thirds of the upper lash.
- To make your eyes look brighter, people with small eyes can use lighter color or even metallic eyeliner shade to reflect light and to give little shine to your eyes.
- Remember not to apply liner on the lower lashes as it makes your eyes look smaller than they are.
They are completely opposite of the small eyes. Big eyes are actually larger than other features on your face, like nose and mouth.
Tips to apply eyeliner on big eyes:
- Having big eyes means you can play with the number of liner looks. You have lots of eyeliner tips for big eyes.
- You can go with double-winged eyes, where you apply a liner with on the upper lash and extend it out of the outer corner and join a tail from the corner of the lower lash with it.
- You are advised to use liners with depth because light shades can make your eyes look larger than they are.
- You can also opt for cat eyes to make your eyes more attractive.
Now, you are clear about what type of eye shape you have as well as how to apply eyeliner for different eye shapes.
So, follow these tips and get impressive eyes.